Saturday, September 1, 2018

Tyler Peters, Introduction (1)

About Me!

Hello, my name is Tyler Peters and I am an IST major at Penn State Greater Allegheny. Before I commit to a blog topic, allow me to tell you about myself. Some of my interests include online gaming, technology, and playing the piano. I like to mix my interests together to create more engaging activities. For example, I frequently download MIDI files of scores from movies and video games to run on a program called Synthesia. If you've ever seen the game "Guitar Hero", Synthesia is basically the piano equivalent except its played on a real keyboard.

Recently, I've gotten into the hobby of ship bottling. In my spare time I've been building a small wooden vessel that will fit into a glass bottle. Every part of the process has been built from scratch! It's surprisingly relaxing and I'm pretty excited to get it all finished up!

I have 3 pets at home with me. A dog named Dory and two ferrets named Socrates and Storm. To my surprise, the 3 of them have become great friends over time. At first, Dory was afraid of the little guys (not the other way around!) and would not go near them. After about 6 months, she enjoys letting them crawl on and around her! It's always interesting to watch them interact because the ferrets are so mischievous and frequently get on her nerves.


Down to Business!

The topic I have chosen to center my blog around is emerging technologies and innovations. I've always had an interest in learning about new types of technologies that improve upon existing ones. I will use this blog not only for the opportunity to learn for myself, but to share my interests to anyone that will listen.

I'll give a little preview of what's to come. My next post will be writing about "VR" and "AR" technologies. It will explain the difference between virtual and augmented reality technology, how the tech can be useful in the real world, and what it means for the average person. Hope you will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Improvements in Gaming (10)

From Past to Present For my last blog post I want to examine how the video game industry has evolved and improved over time. One of the...